Monday, March 3, 2008

Stormy Monday

Big line of storms heading this way, tho it looks like the worst is to the north.
Anyhoo...Weve been saddled by this band of criminal lunatics for 8 years;here in Texas,is it 14? Seems like a long time. Too early to think about numbers...
The right-wing has finally got their wish... the country is destroyed and I can see the pasty old white men, sitting around at the country club saying,"It's broken. Let's let the nigger have it..."
I can't help but be inspired by Barak Obama... but I have little hope that he can fix anything, much less survive his first year in office.We have tooo little to work with, materially, spiritually,intellectually.Things are ripe for a Dark Age, and I'm afraid there's nothing even the PTB can do about it. I look around me and see a lot of scared-shitless, ignorant children. All that's missing is pitch-forks and torches...and a suitable scapegoat.

Will they blame the ones who tried to wake them up? Probably. Us Cassandras are so near to hand, almost as easy to lay hold of as queers and brown people.And the xenophobia and general fear of unorthodoxy are being fed and fertilized.I've long expected a sort of balkanization in America...
The Mundanes would, of course, be justified in stringing up the Elite.I just don't see that happening except in limited circumstances. Of all the prior dissolutions of Empire that have gone before, the example of Rome is most apt, I think.But even that analogy has it's difficulties.


I think about Rome a lot.Read a book,"How the Irish saved Civilisation"(don't remember who wrote it,but a good read...).
Got me to thinking that I need a Hobbit-Hole.(handy for these storms,too). Bury the Library. I'm a Feral Librarian, collecting classics and current events and text-books and how-to.
I fear the ignorance and potential for violence of my countrymen.Bookburnings have a long history.
Won't take much, I think. The Herd senses something is amiss(at long last!).
It's maddening, watching the slow-motion train wreck unfold. The dissonance between what one sees on the TV news and what's in the foreign press is staggering.It's like I've been living in 2 worlds.Plato's Cave, and all that.
The PTB have known for 30 years that this was coming. Instead of preparing for a rational, egalitarian and humane response, they threw mud into the water and glued the accelerator to the floor.Fought tooth and nail to outlaw any kind of humane population reduction.Purposely dumbed down the public so that critical thinking is a rare quality.Suppressed any rational energy alternatives and relocalisation of infrastructure, including food production, so that we are ill prepared, indeed.
In every instance I can think of, They have chosen the irrational. Power and hegemony and profit have been the all important criteria, and the survival of the Human race be damned.
How else to explain the actins of Ptb over the last 30 years, and especially over the past decade. They knew it was unsustainable and had to fall apart.So now, at the very cusp, everything's ready for some kind of NeoFeudalism and a violent culling of the Herd.


What a sad,sad end to Humanity.

No comments: