Thursday, March 20, 2008

on being pro-dope in wingnutland...

When I was in 5th grade, they started in with the srary stories about drugs, including Pot. Images of addled, violent miscreants competed in my mind with Jack Kerouac's road buddies and the Beatles. After 5 years and further reading, I smoked my 1st joint. Not scary at all.(!) Could it be that They lied?!
Research confirmed that they did, or at least cherry-picked the information.My Mom was attending a well known CJ college(for Art...) at this time, so I utilised their extensive section on drugs in the library. Clinical studies, galore.

Conclusion: lies. And about more than just Pot. Halucinogens, it turned out, could be utilised to expand one's mind, if used properly and with care.
What a world opened up to me in those days.
This was also what got me on my skeptical track. If they would lie, repeatedly, about something as relatively harmless as Pot, what else would they lie about? I haven't trusted gooberment, or any other establishment organ, since.
I know most of my posts end up as an anti-rightwing screed....
But the sky IS blue...no matter how many people they put in jail for saying it.
I've come around to the belief that the whole War on Drugs is a scam, a controll mechanism.It's designed to divide us, make us fearful of the other, and thus allow the PTB more power over us. The cops make lots of money off this ruse, and lobby hard to escalate it. I've seen it bandied about that the PTB is actually making $ from selling dope, laundering $, etc. It is curious that wherever we 'pacify' turns into an opium farm,no?
Just another example of the authoritarian's War on Reality.
Who you gonna believe, your Leaders, or your lying eyes?
I consider this long, failed "effort" like a practice run for the new War on Terror. A new, equally nonexistant "enemy" that we are to FEAR. And because of that FEAR, we willingly give up what's left of our sovereignty to those who would Rule.

"What luck for the rulers, that men do not think."- Adolf Hitler.


No comments: