Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hello

Hello,
Let me start out by introducing myself and stating a few assumptions that I feel have been established to my satisfaction.
I am an autodidactic polymath hippy.I'm crippled, antisocial,and ornery.I try my damnedest to be brutally honest and rigorous and have little patience with willful ignorance or purveyors of flame and ad hominem attacks.
I like naked fly-fishing, philosophy, comparative mythology,most science, classical literature and poetry.
I , after surveying the world, have concluded that it is at an end. At least in the form that we are used to.The emergence of climate disruption(warmer?cooler?who can tell?),resource depletion (esp. oil),and economic exahaustion have all combined to create the proverbial perfect storm.Our cherished free press has forgotten to report this, although of late they have been compelled by circumstances to at least begin to lift the veil.
I was encouraged to begin a blog by my shrink. She says that I am bipolar/rapid cycling, and am lacking an outlet for my great intelligence. I agree. So here I am. Here to regale whomever cares to read with my venom and bile and whatever insights and inspiration I can muster.
I have a lot to say. Sadly I live in a Wilderness area devoid of thinking people(at least to my knowledge).I am aware of how I come across. I sympathise with Socrates in that I am perplexed, and consider my perplexity to be my greatest asset. I have determined that the world I was presented with as a boy does not exist. I have become somewhat bitter about this, and have endeavored to construct a working model of reality that makes more sense.
Comments are encouraged.
Thank you for the forum.

No comments: