Sunday, March 2, 2008

Intro, continued

Some expiramentation with the format, text-size is necessary.
More about me and where I came from...
I was reared in east Texas, 70 miles north of Houston, when it was still somewhat Wild.
Spent my formative years running through the woods, riding trains, and being a hellion.
That area, now , is over-developed... wall to wall humanity. My woods are logged and morphed into subdivisions and strip-malls. The right-wing nastiness nacent in my youth has blossomed into a Christo-Fascist hell-world, with a cop on every corner, massive prisonlike schools,and millions of holier than thou uber-conservatives rushing around,pell-mell, in their suv's.The honkytonks have been replaced with corporate fast-food and yet more churches so the aforementioned nutjobs can pray that noone find out about the girl in the basement or that the new addition was payed for by selling crack to the darker,poorer side of town.I hate going back. But my brother and Grandma still live there.
I see the deevolution of my hometown as a scale model of the changes that have happened in America in my lifetime.It's just worse and more stark there.The rise of the Right, for 30 years, has been the subject of intense study, on my part, for the past 7 years.
I was not all that shocked when Lil' George took the White House; I had been more surprised when he became Governor.His presidency is just what I expected,only much worse. The actions (and inactions..) of his administration since 9-11 sent me off on a research-frenzy. After the invasion of Iraq, I said" What the fuck are they doing?"
I had always had a soft part for conspiracies, finding them entertaining....
So I had heard of Peak oil. It went in the "insufficient data" box along with Aliens and Atlantis.
Then one day, I had an insight! I put a blue pin on the map wherever there was oil, a white pin wherever there was drugs, and a red pin wherever there was the US military.
Eureka!
This sent me to reading Leo Strauss, Thucydides, Plato, Macchiavelli, etc etc.
as well as news and opinion from all sides(rigorously)...
All of that research and resultant deep thought led me to develop a worldview.And make projections based on the trendlines that presented themselves. These projections have been bourne out by subsequent events.
himgs are very bad, indeed....
more when I get time, big storm coming.

No comments: